Wednesday, August 13, 2014

3 Way Race for WL Mayor?

In a developing turn of events - Walt Cobb, former WL Mayor, admits on Facebook that he is willing to revisit the possibility to running again this November for Mayor of Williams Lake

Earlier this year - WL Tribune columnist Ken Wilson called on Mr. Cobb to stay out of the Mayor's race this November.  In addition, current WL City Councillor Surinderpal Rathor announced in late June that he wants to be the next Mayor of Williams Lake.  As well, current Williams Lake Mayor Kerry Cook confirms that she wants to be a three term Mayor

Here is what Mr. Cobb said, in response to a question to put forward a bid for WL Mayor by a local resident on Facebook:


Darrick C Boyes Yes Walt, you should run for Mayor. I like how you tell it how it is and not just say what everyone wants to hear.
August 11 at 9:33pm

Walt Cobb Well if I am to run I need a team. Help find me one.
August 11 at 9:55pm

While it is fair to say that Mr. Cobb has not 100% committed to being in the race for Mayor of Williams Lake in November - his comments are not helpful to Councillor Rathor's bid for WL Mayor in November and this news will very likely disappoint Mr. Rathor and his supporters...

Should Mr. Cobb decide next month/early October to run - a 3 way race for Williams Lake Mayor, in most typical cases, benefits the incumbent (Mayor Cook).  And while I have heard from some who aren't happy with Mayor Cook's performance to date - a 3 way Mayor's race would still, in my opinion, result in the 2011 City of WL Election Decision being repeated -- Kerry Cook being re-elected and she would be, as far as I know, the 1st Mayor of Williams Lake to be re-elected for three consecutive terms

Finally - watch for WL Indian Band Chief Ann Louie (after her Aug 21st re-election) and other native leaders in the Central Cariboo/Chilcotin region to endorse Kerry Cook for Mayor later on this year in advance of the Williams Lake Election on Nov 15th, similar to what we saw in the 2011 Election...

~SF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats better news that what I've heard so far at least. There is another name floating around that would make me vote for my cat before him. And I don't have a good relationship with my cat.