Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Forseth runs for Area 'D' Director

This week - I will be visiting local media to announce  my bid to replace Deb Bischoff as the Cariboo Regional District Director for Electoral Area 'D'.  As everyone knows - Director Bischoff previously indicated in September of 2013 that she would not seek re-election this November and I was approached by residents' from McLeese Lake and Wildwood last October of 2013 as the current Area 'D' Alternate Director to run for the position of Electoral Area 'D' Director for the forthcoming 2014-18 term and I'm pleased to put my name forward for the position for a 4 year term commencing in December of 2014

I had an interview with Cariboo News and Events yesterday afternoon and plan to sit down with the Williams Lake Tribune and the Goat (local radio station - used to be called the Rush) by the end of the week

Certainly as the current Area 'D' Alternate Director for almost the last year and a half - I have gotten a real life experience of being an elected official, if only as a trial run to the goal of being the Electoral Area 'D' Director

Some of my priorities, if elected include:

a) Completion of a 'renewed' McLeese Lake Library - has been on the books for some time and I hope to have it fully completed by the end of 2018

b) Lobby for a renovated Cariboo Memorial Hospital - the Final Concept Plan for a 'renovated' Cariboo Memorial Hospital should be available later this year (last update I received was Plan being available by July/August 2014)

c) Moving forward on the outcome of the Sam Ketcham Pool Referendum which is being held on Saturday, November 15th and I personally encourage everyone to take a hard look at the Plan which is subject to the Referendum and ask your questions - information can be viewed on the Cariboo RD's website (Here) and participate in the 'conversation' on the Sam Ketcham Pool Referendum Facebook page which you can view here

d) Continuing a 'proactive' stance on communications with the residents' of Area 'D' including maintaining this blog, establishing a Facebook page for Area 'D' residents to express their concerns to me and allowing me to let residents' know of upcoming Cariboo RD initiatives that may have an impact on them

e) Continuing to ensure local government services remain affordable to the taxpayers of Electoral Area 'D'

My plan will be to visit the Cariboo Regional District's Chief Election Officer in early September to acquire the usual nomination papers and to file them with her at the most earliest opportunity which I believe is September 30th (first day of the nomination period for the 2014 Local Gov't Election)

I believe I have the political connections, the time required to serve and knowing the 'process' so there would be no 'learning curve' required as I have all of the skills sets required having been the Area 'D' Alternate Director for the last year, I believe, to continue to be an effective advocate for the constituents of Electoral Area 'D' and it would be my privilege to serve you as your Electoral Area 'D' Director.

~SF

No comments: