Monday, June 16, 2014

Bruce Rattray to retire

This past weekend - Cariboo RD Area 'L' Director Bruce Rattray, in his latest e-newsletter to his constituents, advised that he will not be seeking re-election this November

Read more here

Since my appointment as the Cariboo RD Area 'D' Alternate Director in mid-February of 2013, I have gotten an opportunity to work beside Director Rattray either at CRD Board meetings, Committee of the Whole meetings or at Policy/Procedure Committee meetings in the last year and a bit and it was truly a pleasure to work beside him...

As Director Rattray has stated to his constituents, he has been quite successful on a variety of fronts since his election in November of 2008

Two initiatives that Director Rattray helped to develop and I believe will hold the Cariboo Regional District in good stead for the years to come include:

a) Director Rumeration Bylaw
b) Public Consultation on Regulatory Bylaws

When he leaves on  November 30th - I believe Director Rattray's wisdom at the Board table will be truly missed.  I wish him the very best in his future endeavours

With Rattray's announcement - the next Cariboo RD Board of Directors' (2014-18) will have two new Electoral Area Directors - Areas 'D' and 'L'.  The current Cariboo RD Electoral Area Directors for Areas A, B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J and K have not yet made their political intentions known for November.

Please note - I have already publicly stated that I am running for the position of Cariboo RD Electoral Area 'D' Director in November

~SF

No comments: