Friday, July 26, 2013

2012 Crime Severity Index - City of WL

Just a little while ago - Welcome to Williams Lake reports that the City of Williams Lake has issued a media release on the 2012 Crime Severity Index stats from Stats Canada (note - I have yet to see the media release from the City of Williams Lake myself)

According to the City's press release from Welcome to Williams Lake - Crime has decreased overall from 2008-2011 inclusive.  The CSI for 2012 - City of Williams Lake was 241.2 in 2012 while it was 330.5 in 2008.  The City was ranked #3 for overall crime with a population of 10,000+ and #2 in violent crime for a population of 10,000+

While I haven't been able to see the "raw data" for the 2012 CSI - I would suggest that the Central Cariboo region (and not just the City alone) has much work to do to get these results in the right direction but I agree with Williams Lake Mayor Kerry Cook that more work remains to be done...

Read more here

No comments: