Thursday, March 7, 2013

My 1st meeting as a CRD Alt. Director

Last week - I have the special privilege of attending a Special CCRHD (Cariboo-Chilcotin Regional Hospital District) Board and a regular Cariboo RD Board meetings as the Alternate Director for Area 'D' (Commodore Heights-Fox Mtn-Pine Valley-Wildwood-McLeese Lake) of the Cariboo Regional District

I can honestly say that I now have a genuine appreciation of the work that the elected Directors (EA Areas) and the appointed 4 Muncipal Directors of the Cariboo Regional District do day-in and day-out.  For example at the Mar 1st CRD Board meeting - I started my day in the CRD Boardroom at 9:00am and didn't leave the meeting until just past 3pm and some Directors had a "Policy and Procedures" Committee meeting, immediately following the Cariboo RD Board Meeting.  However, I can honestly say that you can deliberate the business of the day but still have fun

Finally - my personal thanks to CRD Directors Bruce Rattray (Area 'L'), Joan Sorley (Area 'F') and CRD Chair (and Area 'G' Director) Al Richmond and CRD Staff for being so welcoming at my first Cariboo RD meeting in an official capacity (even though I've attended many previous Cariboo RD Board meetings as a keen public observer)

I'm already looking forward to attending my 2nd Cariboo RD Board meeting.... :)

SBF

No comments: