Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yesterday's BCLdi event

BC Premier Christy Clark and Steve Forseth
At yesterday's BCLdi or BC Liberal "Digital Influencers" event which brought together the "who's who" of those on #bcpoli via the social media platforms of Twitter, Facebook and some (like myself) who blog plenty on #bcpoli, a good discussion was had about how to use these tools to promote our Party

Dave Teixeira (dave.ca) spoke as did BC Premier Christy Clark on the power of social media, both today and in next year's election.  While I don't think the traditional doorknocking will ever go away, social media is but one tool available to a candidate, regardless of a local, provincial and federal election that can help one be successful

Some I talked with were impressed that I came down from Williams Lake just for this one event however it was an event that I didn't want to miss plus the networking opportunities were wonderful and allowed me to meet people that I only know through their Twitter handles

Next up: the BC Liberal Party convention which starts Thursday evening at Whistler

SBF

No comments: