Tuesday, October 9, 2012

BC Conservative Critics are Hypocrites!

This afternoon - I received (in part) the following email from my Uncle Alan Forseth, who is also the BC Conservative Party Regional Director for Kamloops and area:

I really am getting tired of what I will call the two faced hypocritical thoughts of some. These people would never in a million years allow for any organization they are involved with to be undermined by a vocal minority, and yet they feel welcome to trash the BC Conservative party and John Cummins for taking the same stand.

As one of those critics -- when I called for former BC Premier and BC Liberal Party Leader Gordon Campbell to retire in 2010, I respected those who thought that I was betraying the Party, in addition to those who felt, like I did, that a change in the BC Liberal Party Leadership was the right thing to do at that time

With regard to the BC Conservatives' -- history will show that, like Alex G Tsakumis said today on Radio NL in Kamloops, that John Cummins biggest mistake is not to try and bring in the dissidents' and say "You may disagree with my leadership but let's figure out a way to work together for the best interests of the BC Conservatives".

As Mr. Tsakumis said today, Bill vander Zalm did this with his BC Social Credit Party dissidents' all the way up to Mr. vander Zalm resigning in the spring of 1991.

Mr. Forseth writes on the whole John Cummins ultimatum which you can read here

1 comment:

Alan Forseth said...

You were indeed respectful Steve in the approach you took regarding Gordon Campbell, and likely had several conversations with people who would have listened to your concerns.

I do not recall however that you agitated for an outright revolt within the ranks of the BC Liberal Party.

Also I don't think it was done within days of a vote being held as to whether there should be a leadership race.