Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sushil Thapar - "A Spoiled Child"

In the continuing battle of transparency visions in Quesnel Council Chambers - Quesnel resident Anita Reid expresses her view on the whole Sushil Thapar situation

Read her letter to the Quesnel Cariboo Observer last week here

Also - last week, I received the following comment, in regards to the whole political situation of late in Quesnel:

Steve....it will not end....both sides don't know how to end it, so they are doomed to continue, and Quesnel'ers are doomed to suffer as a result. There is no way out except for wholesale change top to bottom. All parties in place do not have the skills or will to change and thus cannot.

If the above comment reflects the current view of the average Quesnel resident - I wonder if 2014 could see a wholesale change on Quesnel Council? Could even 3 censure motions at Councillor Thapar seriously sway enough Quesnel voters' for major change on Quesnel Council during the 2014 Civic Election?  Time will tell.... but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, in fact, happen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To give you an idea how nasty of a mess this whole business is, check out Pat Morton's blog this week. She responds to Anita Reid's editorial with an extremely personal attack, some of which is fair (Anita is apparently related to one of the councilmen), most nasty. Regardless of political affiliation, this sort of back-and-forth vitriol does nothing but polarize a small community.

Anonymous said...

what's needed is a slate approach to the next election....a slate of 7 with an identified platform to change the current situation top to bottom. out with the old, in with the new. it will take that to make a clean start in what has become a very sour place all because of personal gripes between a few so called leaders.

Anita Reid said...

Hi Steve

I was just informed that I have been trashed on Pat Morton's website. She certainly did her best to discredit me but unfortunately she has no interest in the truth and integrity. First of all, to be Mike Cave's step-mom I would have to be married to his father, which I'm not. At the time of my letter I was dating Mike's Dad but that certainly doesn't make me his step-mom.
I won't waste my time commenting on the rest because it is really pointless. Pat Morton is behaving like a toxic little troll. Maybe she should run for office.