Sunday, June 17, 2012

New Dropbox installed at WL City Hall

Earlier this year - I wrote to Williams Lake Council's "General Governance Committee" asking that consideration be given to installing a dropbox at Williams Lake City Hall to allow utility/property tax payments to be placed into a secure facility after hours (see picture at left)

However - as you can see in the picture, one has to squat or kneel to place your utility/property tax payment into the secure box for pickup by City Finance Staff the next business day

As Mayor Cook herself has stated - this community has a sizable seniors' population in Williams Lake and this box is not, in my opinion, convenient for them or even for those with disability challenges.  My original intent was for a full sized dropbox that you could drop payments off - standing up, similar to other dropboxes at financial institutions and also at the local Ministry of Forests office on Borland Street

I have a meeting with Mayor Cook on Wednesday morning from 9:30am - 10:00am and I intend to, as part of that meeting, raise my concern with this dropbox as I don' think the City will reverse itself on this particular dropbox but I respect the fact that City Hall is itself open to any/all ideas to make the City more friendly towards the taxpayers' needs/desires....

SBF

No comments: