Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another questionable Kerry Cook comment....

Earlier today on the Rush - Kerry Cook responded to Scott Nelson's charge that she had failed to call Target and encourage them to come to Williams Lake by calling his charges "ridiculous"

Near the end of the interview, she stated:

"I only wish that I had an prioritized (economic development) list at the beginning of my term"

A very interesting comment which really begs this question:

1) If Economic Development is so important to her now, why not form an Ec Dev Task Force at the beginning of the term with key targets/goals for Economic Development, rather than with 29 days to General Voting Day....?

My opinion - this is a political ploy, plain and simple.  Ms. Cook hopes voters will forget 2009/2010 and focus on the "here and now" and reward her "purported" work on EcDev with another 3 year term.

At the end of the day - I hope that voters' will cut through the spin and see that this is a Mayor who has no ideas on Economic Development and has had none since she took office in December of 2008 and reward one of the other two Williams Lake Mayoralty Candidates instead, either Scott Nelson or Walt Cobb, with the Mayor's Chair, on Saturday, November 19th

SBF


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this statement has been taken totally out of context...I believe that that what mayor cook is saying (and if the whole interview was quoted i'm sure that it would be more obvious) is not that she never had a plan, but that when her council came into office in 2008 things were a disaster at city hall - and the council to be elected will walk into city hall with reccomendations from the task force and a plan already set in motion. And regardless of how many days there are until the election it is unfair to say that mayor cook has "no ideas on ec dev and has had none since she took office"- afterall the task force was implemented under her council, as well as progress with the mining industry- jobs are coming! This council has done a great job laying the foundation, and I think from here on in people will really start to see the results of all the hard work mayor cook and council has done!

Anonymous said...

Wow Steve I can't believe you continually knock down our mayor, especially when you don't have all your facts straight. Do you think you would do any good in council??? Scott Nelson made a mess of our community with lies and deception. It is nice to have an honest mayor and hard working council trying to clean up his mess.

Anonymous said...

Steve, I'd bet you would have a hay day if anyone else running for Council acted in such a manner - I "hope that voters' will cut through the spin" and see how you're only going to continue this gossip approach and not vote for you! I also hope, for your sake, that if Kerry Cook is Mayor and you do by some chance make it in, that you will have some decency and cut the crap.

Anonymous said...

The way it's heading with Scott's campaign tactics next he'll be blaming Kerry for all the lost kittens in town!
I'm no big Kerry fan but Scott's tactics are cheesy at best.
I'll give Kerry full credit for taking the high road and not calling Scott out on his low brow, negative, twisted tactics.

Anonymous said...

the problem with having ethics and taking the high road is that it doesnt get press time cause its not controversial.

Apehanger.

Ford77 said...

Steve , I think you need to stop this bashing of Mayor Cook. It is obvious that you do not exactly know what you are talking about. I have seen many of your opinions expressed in newspapers over the years and it seems that know matter who is doing what, you are arguing against it. Your low-blow, smear tactics are not a very good way to get elected to council. This behaviour will never earn my vote. A classy move would be to stop posting , and apologize to those you are hurting.

Steve Forseth said...

Thanks for all of your comments...

Ford 77:

I profound regret that you think that I'm bashing Mayor Cook however it is Mayor Cook herself that says these things and I profoundly disagree with her statements and actions in this term and I don't see it personally as "smear tactics" other than calling it the way I see it and that will not change here. I regret that I will, in all likelyhood, not receive your vote however, contrary to your wish, I will continue to call it the way I see it and I won't be apologizing for such acts... but you should know already that I've never been a Kerry Cook fan and won't likely be one

Steve