Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mayor Cook & Prosperity Mine

Yesterday, I blogged on some articles regarding Prosperity Mine that appeared in Business in Vancouver

But I wanted to take a moment to review one comment that I disagree with:

"Mayor Cook believes she might be the person to broker peace between Taseko and First Nations, but it won’t be easy"

If I were Mayor Cook, I would think that she would be wise to leave Taseko and First Nations to talk among themselves as they need to have that conversation on their own.  Failing that, I believe the community is looking for a Mayor who states that he/she is in favour of the projects and politely tell opponents of Prosperity Mine that they respect their views but he/she disagrees

Mayor Cook did report though, at last night's Council meeting, that Dick Harris (Conservative MP for Cariboo-Prince George) stated to her that Federal Cabinet Ministers John Baird, Stockwell Day, Gail Shea and Chuck Strahl have met and will provide next steps early in the New Year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, always focusing on your perception of whats "wrong" instead of "whats right"......