Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Brian Carruthers on Social Media

Over at his blog - Williams Lake Chief Administrator Brian Carruthers has a interest story on Social Media & City of Williams Lake

See here

However - I would point that, unlike Mr. Carruthers, I see a lot of good use in social media (notwithstanding the challenges it does pose to some teenagers & society as a whole) but again, it is up to individuals to use social media, like any other tool, responsibly and if you do that, then it can/will have a positive impact on your organization or yourself provided that the right policies are in places - both at home/work/office

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda like you use it responsibly when you slander and outright insult personally those in the public eye while idolizing others ,right stevie!......

Steve Forseth said...

Not sure who you are referring to when you suggest that I "slander" those in the public eye (assume you are referring to Mayor and Council) and if so, I don't agree that I have "slandered" any member of Williams Lake City Council to date, other than critizing them for their decisions

I sorry that you feel otherwise but that practice will continue here (calling the situation as I see it)

If you are referring to me "idolizing" Councillor Rathor and Scott Nelson - I don't apologize for that as we see "eye-to-eye" on most things and rarely disagree on civic matters