Friday, October 15, 2010

Message From Norm MacDonald over his resignation as NDP Caucus Chair

Over at Public Eye Online, Norm MacDonald (former NDP Caucus Chair + MLA for Columbia River-Revelstoke) explains his decision to resign:

Dear friends,


This afternoon I released a statement to the media announcing my resignation yesterday as caucus chair. I was elected chair in June of 2009.


The role of caucus chair is to ensure that caucus decisions are made in a principled way, following a proper process.


I have decided that I am no longer able to continue in my role of caucus chair given recent events.


I will continue to focus my energies on representing my constituents as a member of the NDP caucus and on being a strong critic of the current government.


Over the next week, I will be travelling throughout the constituency and we will likely get an opportunity to discuss this situation further.


I have appreciated your support over the years and I thank you again for being given this chance to serve as your MLA.


Sincerely,


Norm Macdonald

1 comment:

Wayne Pitchko said...

Dissapointed in norm's decision to not chair the caucus