Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reannouncing Wins

In May, I had let my disappointment be known, with respect to the FCM (Federation of Canadian Muncipalities) ICSP (Integrated Community Sustainability Award) Award that Mayor Cook announced at her May 20th "Town Hall" program with Dale Taylor at the "Rush" radio station.

The City of Williams Lake "officially" announced the win at FCM, by way of press release yesterday, which makes me wonder - why bother? You've let the "cat out of the bag" on May 20th, a mere 11 days before the "official" announcement is made. In addition, upon research, Councillor Rathor has provided me with evidence that suggests that FCM required the City to hold in confidence the fact that the City would be receiving an award at FCM on its' ICSP process until the FCM Annual Conference took place

For this reason and many others that I've blogged on - I'm now convinced that there is a "lack of genuine leadership" at City Hall. I'll continue to work with this Council but I'm convinced that the changes that city residents' desire, lay not with this Council but with the next one and to which I'm prepared to let both my blog readers and city residents' know in the spring of 2011 what level of participation I intend to have, with respect to the 2011 City of Williams Lake Local Government Election

No comments: