Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Steve Rant - 2010 City of WL Budget

It is, with deep sadness, that I inform my blog readers that WL Council will not be hosting a meeting on the final draft of the 2010 City of Williams Lake Budget & 2010-2014 5 Year Financial Plan as public consultation on the 2010 Budget/5-Year Financial Plan was done previously in December of 2009 & March of 2010 where roughly less than 10 people participated in each of those meetings

This complies with Section 166 of the Community Charter which states:

A council must undertake a process of public consultation regarding the proposed financial plan before it is adopted.

I suspect that a lot of my fellow voters' will not be happy with this information but that is what I'm told by Brian Carruthers - CAO of the City of Williams Lake

No comments: