Monday, August 25, 2008

Steve's Political Intentions

As I promised, this morning I had a meeting with the Williams Lake Tribune announcing that I would be filing papers on September 30th challenging Duncan Barnett for the Cariboo Regional District - Area 'F' Directorship

Issues that I would like to deal with are over the next 3 years are:

1) Transit - re-visit the bus route to ensure maximum usage by 150 Mile, Lexington and WL Indian Band residents' and create a Function to get stable funding into this service

2) Encourage Continued High-Speed Internet access into Borland Valley Estates, Pigeon Rd, Frontier Estates and other areas where High-Speed Internet Access is feasible

3) Commence work ASAP on starting the process for the creation of a Regional Growth Strategy from #4 of the CRD Board's Strategic Priorities to #1 or #2

4) Invite City of Williams Lake into CRD Planning Function in order to Williams Lake to have a say on any development(s) that may affect the City's long-term interests

5) Include "Public Consultation Meeting(s)" on OCP Amendment(s) in the CRD's Development Procedures

6) Withdraw CRD Bylaw #4420 (Arts and Culture Contribution Service Bylaw) and refer the Subject-Contents of the Bylaw to the 2009 Area 'F' Town Hall Meeting

7) Establish Full Recycling Opportunities at all Transfer Stations in Area 'F' by 2011

As well, I intend to be a Director that has a "open door" policy to discuss any issue at any time and anyplace. Now, I am being interviewed tomorrow morning at 10am by the News Department of The Rush/The Wolf (local radio station)

The CRD Board of Directors' meets on Friday and we'll wait and see what Duncan Barnett's response to my announcement will be and when I know, I'll post it here

No comments: