Tuesday, February 2, 2016

City of WL CAO resigns

Earlier today - Darrell Garceau submitted his resignation as Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Williams Lake, citing personal reasons.

Williams Lake Mayor Walt Cobb expressed both surprise/disappointment at the news and stated Williams Lake City Council will be holding an In-Camera meeting to discuss the next steps

Both local media cover the story here (Tribune) and here (My Cariboo Now)

Upon my arrival in Vancouver on CRD Business and learning the news, as with Mayor Cobb, I was disappointed at hearing the resignation of Mr. Garceau as City of WL CAO.  Since his appointment in July of 2013 - I have gotten to know him on a personal level and he was a great CAO for the City and obviously I wish him and his family well in their future endeavours

~SF


No comments: